GARMIN SOUTHERN AFRICA (PTY) LTD MARINE FUSION STEREOACTIVE COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions ("terms") in this document explains your rights and duties in respect of this competition and you must read it carefully as taking part in this competition will mean that you accept these terms and will be legally bound by it. Nothing in this agreement is intended to or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either of Garmin or the participant in terms of the consumer protection act, act 68 of 2008 as amended ("CPA").
The Agreement contains terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- may limit the risk or liability of Garmin or a third party; and/or
- may create risk or liability for the Participant; and/or
- may compel the Participant to indemnify Garmin or a third party; and/or
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the Participant, of a fact.;
The Participant's attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
1. PROMOTOR - The Competition is organised by Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Garmin”).
2. DATES - The Competition will run from 1 April 2017 and close on 30 June 2017 at 24h00 South African Time. Ten winners will be randomly drawn in July 2017 and notified telephonically.
3. No accessories purchased qualify for an entry.
4.PRIZE - The winners will each win 1 (One) Fusion StereoActive Portable Watersport Stereo. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to another person. The winners will have to collect the prize in person at a location, date and time advised by Garmin. The winner will have to produce the original proof of purchase required for entry when collecting the prize. Any tax or other incidental costs in the collection or taking ownership of the prize will be for the winner’s account. Winners will be requested to allow Garmin to use its image for television, radio and print media, and/or social media, however the winners shall at all times have the right to decline such request. The judges’ decision will be final and you cannot appeal it. The Judges will not enter into correspondence about their decision. If the winners do not meet the requirements set out in this document, he/she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be drawn.
5. WHO CAN NOT ENTER - Directors, members, business partners, employees, and agents of Garmin and/or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries and associates, suppliers, consultants and/or their family members (life partners, spouses, parents, children or siblings) may not enter. Persons younger than 18 years old. Persons who are not a holder of a valid South African ID Document.
6. HOW TO QUALIFY TO ENTER - This Competition is open for entry by any person older than 18 and in possession of a South African ID Document. The participant must buy at least one serialized Garmin Marine sub-category Combo plotter from a participating, authorized South African Garmin Dealer/Reseller and then complete the online entry including the product details and your contact information before the closing date of 30 June 2017. Only fully completed entries will be considered. The participant will be required to provide an original proof of purchase of the above product and answer questions about his eligibility. The participant understands that he will have to sign Garmin’s standard liability disclaimer on receipt of the prize. This can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. Each product purchased (as set out above) shall qualify the participant for one entry only.
7. DEADLILNE FOR CLAIMING PRIZE - If Garmin cannot get hold of you after reasonable attempts within 2 (two) business days from the date of the draw, Garmin may award the prize to the next eligible winner and you will lose the prize
8. CHANGE IN THE RULES - Garmin reserves the right to amend the details of the competition in its sole discretion without notice to the participant. Garmin shall however post such change at www.garmin.co.za/marinepromo. In such event, the participant hereby waive any rights he may have against Garmin and acknowledge that he will have no recourse or claim of whatever nature and howsoever arising against Garmin or any sponsor of Garmin or the prizes related to this competition. The updated version of the rules will be available on this page.
9. GENERAL - The Competition will be governed by South African Law. Garmin reserves the right to end the competition at any time and if this happens the participant indemnifies Garmin and gives up any rights it may have in respect of this competition against Garmin. The clauses of these terms are severable and should any one be found to be unlawful it will be deleted and the remainder of the terms will stay in force. The fact that a participant/winner may be granted extra time to comply with its obligations will not mean that Garmin is waiving any of its rights. If a participant breaches the rules in any way and/or Garmin has reason to believe that it has breached the rules, Garmin may immediately disqualify such participant. In the case of any dispute about the rules Garmin's decision shall be final. Any personal data in relation to the participants collected shall not be disclosed except to the extent strictly necessary for the Competition and shall be used solely in accordance with the current data protection laws. Garmin shall take all steps within its control in order to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. Garmin may communicate with you from time to time at its discretion from which you can opt out at any time.
10. TAKE NOTE – IMPORTANT: Garmin shall have no liability and the participant indemnifies Garmin from any liability for loss, damage, injury, death, or costs of any nature, arising directly or indirectly in relation to the competition, use or misuse and/or acceptance of the prize (as far as current laws permit).